Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sabercat...Next Ky. Derby Winner????? I think so

Sabercat is at Oaklawn for the Rebel Stakes on Saturday and to warmup

for the Ky. Derby.....I believe he will run all over the favorite in the race

even though he has not run in 120 days...I think the "Circle" will be broken

on Sat and at a decent price....he also is my Derby horse in the first and

second early pools...Better git on board now...

thanks for the info. and good luck to ya!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Way to call it early! Let's see what he's got.

Comment

My money is on Scret Circle for the Rebel Stakes.

Comment

Originally posted by CKPark View Post
          My money is on Scret Circle for the Rebel Stakes.

I can see with his connections where people could be pulled into betting
          "Secret Circle" but at even money or 6/5 odds he is not as good a bet as is
          "Sabercat" at 6/1 and most people I have talked with think those are appox.
          post time odds...I wish you luck with your selection but my numbers say
          that "The Circle will be broken" today...but you still have time before the
          "Kentucky Derby" to get Down

Comment

My comments were for the Rebel only. The Derby is a month and a half off off and too many things can happen between now and then. I usually wait until late in April before I look at the top prospects.

Comment

Where is "Sabercat????? I'm sorry...I thought he ran at Oaklawn !!!!!

Originally posted by CKPark View Post
              My comments were for the Rebel only. The Derby is a month and a half off off and too many things can happen between now and then. I usually wait until late in April before I look at the top prospects.

After watching Sabercat's race .....I think I should have waited awhile
              before betting him....I dont know if he has any problems I didn't see....
              but he couldn't outrun a "Fatman " in rubber boots Saturday....Maybe
              he is a Marathon Hoss...9 miles and 15 fences...Oh well complaining don't
              cure the empty wallet....Just wait till next time...lol...

Comment

Originally posted by charlied View Post
                After watching Sabercat's race .....I think I should have waited awhile
                before betting him....I dont know if he has any problems I didn't see....
                but he couldn't outrun a "Fatman " in rubber boots Saturday....Maybe
                he is a Marathon Hoss...9 miles and 15 fences...Oh well complaining don't
                cure the empty wallet....Just wait till next time...lol...
                Something didn't look right. Will have to watch his next race closely.

Comment

Yea Liam ...I don't think we saw Sabercat run his race yesterday...I don't know why but
                  He was not himself yesterday.....I have it from a very reliable source...the barn is very
                  high on him....that when they look at Sabercat ....they think of "Curlin"....nuff said....if you remember Curlin was a slow beginner in his career....we will see...it don't cost nuttin but
                  Money.....

Comment

Horses are like people. Some days are good and some not so good.You hope for the good days.

Comment

For each Derby horse to be considered, you need to have seen their "optimal" performance at some point in their racing history, and believe they can run back to it. You don't want to be in a situation where you are betting that a horse will run to their true potential in the Derby without them having really backed it up prior. Obviously horses will improve during their early racing careers, but my point is that hype and breeding needs to have been substantiated.

Given that a horse has dropped in some marquis performances, I'm willing to toss out a race if needed.

Comment

Sabercat already has enough earnings to go to post for the Derby.
                        That's a luxury not enjoyed by most contenders - especially at this early stage.

Don't give up on the horse yet.
                        A decent run in his final prep race should have him ready.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                        X