Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluegrass Stakes

Saturday the 10th of April is Bluegrass Stakes Day and I like a horse
    that may or maynot be the favorite in the race but I believe he will win
    it...going away...He is "Odysseus" by Malibu Moon and from a mare by a Conquisador Cielo by Mr.Prospector....So the Distance of1-1/8mi wont be a Problem for him...he can run on rocks,nails,hay bales Etc..so the Synthetic wont be a problem.....The price should be good ....maybe7/2
    so since he dont have any problems and the price is right ....He should
    win easy....Bet it all...Go home a winner or promise yourself ...to never play another horse if ya live to be 123 years old...take it to the bank!!!
    charlied

What can you say?????
    This horse has the breeding and connections to be a world beater!!!! But I sure didn't have any idea he would run dead last in the Bluegrass.....Absolutely dead last,,,,
    this dude cost me plenty!!! he even got some of my Ky. Derby money....but if I don't do A better job of Handicapping ...I just as well burn it up...at least i would know whaT HAPPENED to it....I had a terrible dayat horse playing.....maybe i should take up Bowling....its cheaper...charlied

Comment

No one saw the winner of that race coming, Charlie. I'm cleaning out my stable to 2 horses, and Odysseus is out the door. I need to make room for the winner of the derby, and he's just a hunch play right now.

Now that you've given up gambling, what are you going to do for fun?
      Brooklyn

Comment

The Blue Grass has been a throw out race ever since they converted to polytrack. For the record, I'm not a big synthetic surface basher. At many tracks I pretty much ignore it. But at Keeneland, that track has gone completely loopy. I don't know if it just in the heads of trainers and jockeys or if the surface really is dramatically different. In any event, there has not been a normal Blue Grass since they changed over. This year's race was equally strange - and worthless as a prep race.

I liked Odysseus also. I don't know if I can still like him after that performance but I am saying the race is a toss out every year now.

Comment

Ditto...."the race is toss out every year now"
          ---scrap that surface go back to dirt---
          peace out Liam

Comment

I heard Odysseus is off the Derby Trail anyway. He suffered a bone chip in that race.

Comment

Well it dont help that Odysseus hurt himself in the Bluegrass by chipping A knee it still puzzles me how the three lowest priced horses at post time ran LAST...next to last....and third from last...Jf I was the only one who came up with these horses i would not be as puzzled as I am now....There was a ton of money bet on the Bluegrass so a awful lot of people was as foolish as I was or something...else was at play it seems....but the race is over ....I lost ....and I dont know why....or how
              it happened....I will continue to look for answers...charlied

Comment

I didn't bet on it, Charlie, but I myself wonder how a longshot like Stately Victor won. I think you are right that a lot of people did bet on Odysseus. Sorry

Comment

Working...
                X